Suncoast Chapter Meeting Minutes for January 10, 2017

AIBD Suncoast Chapter

January 10, 2017

 

Meeting called to order at 11:58 a.m. by Jenni Boucher, President.

 

AIBD chapter officers present:

President, Jenni Boucher

Vice President, Paul Glaser, Glaser Design

Secretary, Renato Carotti, Carotti Engineering

Secretary Assistant, Kristen Bryant, Carotti Engineering

 

AIBD members present:

None

 

NON-AIBD Members:

None

 

Business:

  • Jenni has no updates of events or anything else coming up from AIBD.
  • Kristen Bryant motion to change our AIBD, Suncoast Chapter meeting to every second Thursday of the month. Paul Glaser second the motion.  Unanimous agrees, (Ren Carotti, Jenni Boucher, and Paul Glaser).
  • Meetings are from 11:45 am to 1:15 pm.
    • Networking and getting food from 11:45 am – 12 pm.
    • Presentation from 12 pm – 1 pm
    • Wrap up/ clean-up 1 pm – 1:15 pm
  • January meetings will be held to discuss goals and what the chapter would like go over for the year.
  • Jenni asked to have a “memo” to go out a week before the meeting as a reminder of the meeting and what it will be about as well as the Monday minutes, what our chapter is looking to do, what is coming up, who is presenting, free membership, and what is pertinent to us.
  • Kristen will need to get a schedule / routine of when to contact the papers, AIBD, and send emails about our meeting.
  • Ren wants us to be different from other associations. (Have us stand out).
  • Goals – what do we want to achieve as a chapter.
    • Build / increase our membership
    • Build a relationship with the building department for Manatee, Sarasota, and Charlotte counties and cities.
      • Extend further – Fire, State D.E.P., etc.
    • Instruct why you need building designers
      • AIBD has information on their website we can use.
    • Educate the consumer and other designers
    • Build AIBD Suncoast Chapter reputation
  • Other items discussed
    • We want to inform you – emails
    • Do it yourself shows do not show plans, designs, structure, and mistakes. (They make it all look so easy and cheap).
    • Contractors do not want too much detail on plans.
    • Project budget – where do they get their pricing (too low)
    • Building department cannot refer people.
    • Building department needs to be consistent.
    • Set up speakers a few months in advance.
    • AIBD pushing “green” building
      • Have meeting to go over criteria to be “green”.
        • How much is true or hearsay (made up)
        • What do you have to do to build / be green in building?
        • What are the classifications to be green
      • Need someone with relationship with Charlotte county / City to help build rapport with them and invite to our meetings.
      • Ren suggest AIBD business cards.
      • Ideas for upcoming meetings
        • Looking for “Sola Tube” or a company like this for presentation.
        • Contractor – What they need in the field from us.
        • Window and Doors
        • Realtor – what they see
        • Introduce RASM to AIBD
        • Landscaping
        • Cut Trusses
        • Site Prep – Number of courses in a stem wall.
        • Energy Calculation
        • Building Official Planning and Consistency
      • Action Plan
        • Jenni will reach out to Ram Jack (or a company like this one) for March’s meeting regarding foundation leveling and repair.
        • Jenni will reach out to Manatee County and City to build rapport for a better relationship with the building department.
        • Jenni contact PTG about window presentation.
        • Jenni put up flyer at Jeffcoat on their board.
        • Ren will reach out to Sarasota County and City to build rapport for a better relationship with the building department.
        • Ren will contact a “Green” builder/person for a meeting.
        • Invite building department to monthly meetings.
        • Email blast our monthly meetings.
        • Start inviting now for February meeting.
        • Start inviting early for all meetings.
        • Paul will put his thoughts on paper (for “blog”) anyone can do this to bring up concerns.
          • DIY does not show all involved with remodels…
        • Paul will reach out to Jeffcoat (Jim) to invite them to February meeting and become a member.
        • Jon will contact a couple of building official to see if they can come and present at one of our meetings.

 

 

Next Meeting:

Jon Levey from Strong Ties will be our presenter for February meeting on Thursday the 9th, 2017. It will be a review of the new catalog and products.  The discussion will be on new products, dis-continued products and go over any questions.

 

***Bring someone with you.  Invite people!  Let’s grow our chapter!***

 

 

Meeting adjourned by Jenni Boucher, President at 1:13p.m.

 


Free SEO for Building Designers Email Course

You'll also receive our latest content by email.

Powered by ConvertKit

Leave a Reply