AIBD Suncoast Chapter
March 9, 2017
Meeting called to order at 11:52 a.m. by Jenni Lewis, President.
Chapter officers present:
President, Jenni Lewis, Dreamcatcher Building Designs
Vice President, Paul Glaser, Glaser Design
Secretary, Renato Carotti, Carotti Engineering
AIBD members present:
Kristen Bryant – Carotti Engineering
Doug Shepard – Final Draft
Steve Lewis – Lewis Consulting Services
Mary Tracy – Artists Acres Gallery
Dick Pensivy – Lewis Consulting Services
Steve Johnson – Origin Doors & Windows
Dale Lewis –
Joyce Poelsma – Sweetwater Drafting
Junior Raber – Jr. Raber Drafting
Kieth Gano – Homes By Towne
- Jenni Went over updates from AIBD
- Ren made an announcement for Florida Building is open for revisions for 2017 and you can comment on what they have. We are in the 2014 building code. Website: FloridaBuilding.org
- Johnny B. with Kathy Rice from All Florida Ram Jack started his presentation at 12:14 pm.
- Johnny’s presentation was on how to make building stable when there are sink holes, or foundation that have settled and leave cracks in the structure.
- CONGRATULATION to Dale Lewis! Dale is the winner of the complimentary membership to AIBD Suncoast Chapter for March!
Our presenter for April meeting on Thursday the 13th, 2017 is Owen Gechter from Smart Vent
- Provider Name: Smart Vent Products Inc.
- Provider Number T058 Program # SV0004
- Program Title: Floodplain Design, Construction, and Impacts on Flood Insurance
- Length: 60 Minutes
- Credits: 1 (One Hour) Learning Units
- LU/HSW: YES
- Summary: Floods are the #1 natural disaster in the United States. This course describes floodplains and the potential hazards to buildings. The course also defines the differences in engineered and non-engineered flood openings and their ability to ensure resilient structures. It explains the differences between wet floodproofing and dry floodproofing techniques, and when they are applicable. It also clarifies the regulations, codes, and standards as they relate to sustaining foundations in flood hazard areas. This course analyzes the role of building compliance in lowering flood insurance rates and what mitigation solutions are available to existing structures.
- Learning Objectives: • Describe floods, floodplains, and the potential hazards to buildings. • Explain the differences between wet floodproofing and dry floodproofing techniques and acceptable applications. • Describe the role of flood openings in flood events to ensure resilient structures • Identify regulations, codes, and standards as they relate to sustaining foundations in flood hazard areas. • Analyze the role of building compliance in securing lowering flood insurance rates and what mitigation solutions are available.
Our presenter for May meeting on Thursday the 11th, 2017 is Steve Johnson from Origin Doors & Windows
***Bring someone with you. Invite people! Let’s grow our chapter!***
Meeting adjourned by Jenni Boucher, President at 1:14 p.m.
Free SEO for Building Designers Email Course
You'll also receive our latest content by email.