The American Institute of Building Design wishes you and your family a safe and happy Thanksgiving weekend. AIBD’s offices will be closed the following days:
- Thursday, November 28
- Friday, November 29
Regular office hours (9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET) will resume on Monday, December 2.
Registration is open for the December 3rd edition of First Tuesday @ 2:00 (p.m. ET). Join us and learn common sources of agency E&O claims so your firm doesn’t become another law suit statistic. This one-hour program focuses on major sources of E&O claims against agents that can easily be avoided by adhering to basic duties in the agent-client relationship.
December’s guest is Michelle Hirsch, Vice President, Brunswick Companies. Brunswick Companies was founded in 1972 and is a full service insurance group that helps ensure the financial and risk stability necessary to achieve your business goals. Michelle’s clients include national real estate developers, construction contractors, manufacturers, attorneys and accountants, and businesses of all sizes.
For more information and , CLICK HERE.
AIBD Certified and Professional Members and many Affiliate Members are small businesses. Consider joining the 2013 Small Business Saturday Coalition to show your support of the nationwide initiative which encourages the public to shop at small businesses the Saturday after the Thanksgiving holiday, on Nov. 30, 2013.
Small businesses are the backbone of America. We build a strong economy and strong communities. And it’s a fact that 15% of the U.S. economy relies on housing. Every new home creates three full-time jobs. Housing, like no other business sector, is “Made in America.”
Go to www.ShopSmall.com to access free marketing materials to promote your small business and get free online advertising from American Express.
…NC Society announces design comp winners.
The North Carolina Society has completed the judging and have announced the winners of its first annual design competition. Jenny Pippin was the big winner with the overall Best in Show award. Jenny also won in the Conceptual/Published Plans and Custom Home 3000-5000 S.F. categories. The team at Mountainworks took home two awards for entries in the Under 3000 S.F. and the 5000 S.F. and Over Custom Home categories. The other two winners include Len Vogel and Jan Enright for Remodel/Addition and Outdoor Living/Landscape respectively.
To view a photo of each entry: CLICK HERE.
To watch a short video of the awards ceremony: CLICK HERE.
…More events ahead.
- December 5 – AIBD Northeast Quarterly Meeting
- December 6 – AIBD Oregon Luncheon & Idea Swap, Portland, OR (REGISTER for FREE)
- December 6 – AIBD Florida Organizational Meeting, Apopka, FL
- December 6 & 7 – NCBDC Exam in Portland, OR (Registration is closed)
- December 11 – Norbord/Woodworks webcast: Glued Laminated Timer – An Innovative and Versatile EWP. CLICK HERE
- (2014) January 23-24 – NCBDC Exam in Des Moines, IA (Register by December 13, 2013)
- (2014) February 6 & 7 – AIBD National Mid-year Meeting, Las Vegas, NV
- (2014) July 29 – August 1 – AIBD National Convention & International Conference on Residential Design, Columbus, OH (Tentative)AIBD National Convention
- (2014) August 2 – AIBD National Volunteer Day – Build furniture at the FurnitureBank in Columbus, OH.