…Registration deadline for September NCBDC exams.
Qualified building designers interested in attending the two full days of nine NCBDC exams in September held in Austin, Texas or would like to schedule a couple retake exams, contact the AIBD National Office on or before Friday, August 30, 2013 to reserve your seat. Write firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-726-7659.
For more the full exam schedule, visit www.NCBDC.com and click on “Exam Schedule” in the left hand margin.
…Watching the state legislatures.
MISSISSIPPI – The Mississippi Senate and House of Representatives have concurrently passed resolutions urging the Mississippi Department of Archives and History to nominate the New Capitol Building for designation as a National Historic Landmark.
The New Capitol Building is a prime example of Beaux-Arts architecture, characterized on the exterior and interior by large and grandiose composition, symmetry, an abundance of classical detail, a variety of stone finishes, projecting facades, colossal columns, enriched mouldings, pronounced cornices, embellished entablatures and balustrades. The interior of the building is characterized by a richness of detail, motifs and mouldings; anthemia, acanthus leaves, egg-and-dart, pineapple, garlands, beading, reed-and-ribbon, bead-and-reel, fluting, Greek key and guilloche, as well as such architectural features as scrolled consoles and Corinthian, Ionic and Doric columns, consoles and pilasters. The bases of the exterior iron light fixtures at the entrances introduce a recurring console and corbel design. The massive oak doors and surrounding metal casings at all the entrances also reflect classic moulding patterns. To view the entire resolution, CLICK HERE.
DELAWARE - The Delaware Board of Architects, pursuant to 24 Del.C. s.306(a)(1), proposes to revise sections 1.0 and 6.2.1 and add new text in 1.0, 4.1.2, 6.22, 6.3, and 6.9. The proposed changes seek to add a section for architect emeritus status, reinstitute a regulation for Intern Development Program Guidelines in order to comply with the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards and amend the current continuing education requirements to allow for proration of credits and become more in line with other states architecture licensing boards.
The next meeting of the Delaware Board of Architects is September 4, 2013.
…More events ahead.
- September 5 – AIBD Northeast Quarterly Meeting, Devens, MA
- September 26-28 – AIBD Colorado, Colorado Springs, CO
- September 27 & 28 – NCBDC Exam in Austin, TX (Must apply & register by August 30)
- October 12 – AIBD California visit to the National Solar Decathlon – Irvine, CA
- October 13 – AIBD California Rendering Workshop & Evening Reception, Carlsbad, CA
- October 24 & 25 – NCBDC Exam in St. Francisville, LA (Must apply & register September 30)
- October 25 & 26 – AIBD Florida Quarterly Meeting, Orlando, FL
- October 25 & 26 – AIBD Louisiana/Mississippi Joint Convention, St. Francisville, LA
- November 16 – AIBD North Carolina Quarterly Meeting and Design Competition Awards, Lexington, NC
- December 5 – AIBD Northeast Quarterly Meeting
- December 6 – AIBD Florida Organizational Meeting, Apopka, FL
- (2014) February 6 & 7 – AIBD National Mid-year Meeting, Las Vegas, NV