A webinar on Wednesday.
DATE: February 26, 2014
TIME: 11:30 a.m. PST
Everyone in the Institute is invited to attend the February AIBD-CAS Syndesis Event, meet the speakers scheduled to present at the society’s annual conference in April and get a preview of what you will gain by attending this year’s conference.
- Clay Johnson, CPBD, owner of Johnson Design in Trinidad, CA.
- Ann Edminster, author of Energy Free, Homes for a Small Planet, primary author of LEED for Homes, educator and expert on Zero Net Energy homes.
- Dan Perunko and Gavin Healy, owners of Balance Point Home Performance, an HVAC and insulation contracting company, educators and building science experts in the practical applications of home performance.
To register for this event, CLICK HERE.
Taking the AEC industries into a new future.
What is AEC Hackathon?
A first for the Architecture, Engineering, Construction Industry, the AEC Hackathon is a non-profit event that creates on-the-spot teams of technologists and industry stakeholders to shape the future of our built environment. The hackathon provides a playful, exploratory environment where disruption and creative ideas are the essential tools for innovation. The AEC community faces fresh new problems that urgently need brilliant minds to solve them.
“My goal of the event was to help the Architecture, Engineering, & Construction Industry go ‘Tony Stark’ for a weekend and the attendees of the [first] event did just that.” says event organizer and co-founder Damon Hernandez. AEC Hackathon is an unprecedented gathering of the best and brightest minds in one of the most rapidly growing and advancing intersection of industries geeking out over the latest and greatest gadgets and software poised to revolutionize these respective industries; like Google Glass, Oculus Rift, LEAP Motion, Kinect and other innovative hardware.
AIBD Internal VP David Pillsbury and our Executive Director Steve Mickley have accepted an invitation to attend the event next month and all industry professionals are welcome to attend. Registration is $100. This is a very hands-on and grassroots event. Bring your laptops, mobile phones, Kinects, Oculus Rifts, Leap Motions, wearable computing devices, to whatever inspires you but above all, your energy and your brain! Don’t worry if you forget something, there will be tons of stuff to do.
To view some cool videos, get more information and to register, CLICK HERE.
AIBDOH welcomes you to AIBD Convention, iCORD 2014.
July 28 – August 1, 2014
The Ohio Society welcomes you to Columbus, Ohio for the 2014 convention! Be sure to check our site http://www.aibdcolumbus.com/ for accommodation information, things to see and do around town, and to get great advice from the locals. Every week, on our blog, we’ll be highlighting some of the wonderful things our city has to offer. To read our most recent post from Ohio Society President Ron Danne, head over to http://www.aibdcolumbus.com/news/.
iCORD is a two-day P2P knowledge circulation experience. Attendees will have access to more than one-hundred lifetimes of industry skill, expertise and awareness. Serving as the educational portion of the American Institute of Building Design’s Annual Convention, iCORD is a dynamic training experience designed to provide you the timely and relevant information you need in your career or business today – as long as you’re willing to ask for it. This much-anticipated event is one part conference, one part technical training, and three parts industry summit. Borrowing from the best of each format, iCORD is a blended teaching and learning environment that is both memorable and effective.
For more details and registration information, go to http://www.AIBDConvention.com to reserve your spot today!
And as always, O-H!
More events ahead.
- February 20-21 – NCBDC Exam in Dallas, TX (registration closed)
- February 26 – California Society Syndesis webinar, 11:30 am PST
- February 28 – March 1 – NC/SC Annual Conference, North Myrtle Beach, SC
- March 8 – AIBD Ohio Society Meeting, Columbus, OH
- April 2-4 – AIBD California Annual Conference, Skyline College, San Bruno, CA
- April 24 – AIBD Washington Spring Conference, Simpson StrongTie facility, Kent, WA
- July 29 – August 1 – AIBD National Convention & International Conference on Residential Design, Columbus, OH (Tentative)AIBD National Convention
- August 2 – AIBD National Volunteer Day – Build furniture at the Furniture Bank in Columbus, OH.
Free SEO for Building Designers Email Course
You'll also receive our latest content by email.