AIBD Alabama announces lunch-and-learn.
- Date: May 31, 9:00 am to noon
- Location: Huntsville Madison County Builder’s Association
The American Institute of Building Design, Alabama Society would like to invite you to a FREE lunch-an-learn. The guest speaker is Todd Witt of Synergy Home Performance, LLC (www.WeTestOthersGuess.com), who will be presenting new methods, materials, and services that will add to your knowledge, awareness and improve the service you can provide to your clients.
To get more information visit the society’s Facebook page.
To RSVP, CLICK HERE.
On the surface attic ventilation may not appear to be a “top of mind” concern for contractors working on the roof and inside the attic. After all, there’s insulation, underlayment, shingles and flashing to tackle, too. However, based on the volume of questions the member companies of the Roof Assembly Ventilation Coalition (RAVC) receive about attic ventilation, it is clear contractors are thinking about it. Here are the five most commonly asked and answered questions the RAVC receives.
- Why is it important to ventilate the attic – what’s its purpose?
- How much ventilation does an attic need?
- What’s the ideal way to ventilate an attic?
- The more exhaust vents on the roof the better it is for the attic, right?
- How are multiple ridge heights handled?
To get the answers to these questions and more, check out AIBD’s blog DesignLINES.
AIBD seeks Designer of the Year nominations.
Given each year at the conclusion of their national convention, the AIBD presents the Designer of the Year Award to the member who has made the most outstanding contribution to the Institute and the building design community. If you know an AIBD Professional Member who has made what you feel is a large contribution of their time, talents or knowledge to our industry, nominate them for Designer of the Year by downloading a Nomination Form and submitting it to the AIBD National Office on or before June 13th and your nomination will be considered for the award being presented at the next AIBD National Convention. The jury includes the AIBD executive staff, a representative from the College of Fellows and a representative from the Society Officers Committee.
American Residential Design Awards entries are accepted until June 24th. Three categories are open to everyone in the industry, eight are reserved for AIBD members only. Use the links below to get more information on how to get your work recognized.
Download the CALL FOR ENTRIES
Download the CATEGORIES
Download the REGISTRATION
Register to win free internet at iCORD/AIBD Convention
Five lucky 2014 iCORD/AIBD Convention attendees staying at the Hilton Columbus Downtown hotel will receive a FREE high speed internet connection in their hotel room during their entire stay in Columbus, OH (a savings of $9.95/night). To be eligible, register for the full iCORD conference (July 31 & August 1) on or before May 31, 2014. All five winners will be chosen randomly during the June 3rd First Tuesday @ 2:00 program.
Registration is now open for the AIBD Convention & iCORD conference (July 29 – August 1) in Columbus, Ohio: www.AIBDconvention.com
REGULAR REGISTRATION ENDS JUNE 27th!
More events ahead.
- May 31 – AIBD Alabama, free lunch and learn in Huntsville. To RSVP – CLICK HERE
- June 4 & 5 – NCBDC Exams, San Antonio Texas
- June 6 & 7 – Texas Institute of Building Design Annual Convention, San Antonio, Texas
- June 20 & 21 – AIBD Florida quarterly meeting, Seaside, Florida
- July 29 – August 1 – AIBD National Convention & International Conference on Residential Design, Columbus, OH
- August 2 – AIBD National Volunteer Day – Build furniture at the Furniture Bank in Columbus, OH.
Free SEO for Building Designers Email Course
You'll also receive our latest content by email.