…The MondayMINUTE has a new link, new look
Welcome to the launch of the new Monday Minute. This is the first of two major launches scheduled over the next two weeks. Starting with the an overhaul of www.aibd.org that blends the National Council of Building Designer Certification website and the House Plan Marketing Alliance website together. Other new site features include a higher profile for the American Residential Design Awards, the ability for consumers to search designers from the home page, easier access to the member center, a search function, and more.
The launch of the new website will also include the resurrection of a well established AIBD title – DesignLINES. Formally a four-color print magazine, DesignLINES now takes on the form of a weekly weblog (blog) published by the AIBD. Both original articles and guest blogs will be highlighted. If you have a blog or want to begin blogging, contact the Marketing Committee by writing marketing@AIBDmember.org.
The Marketing Committee along with a Website Subcommittee, has been working on this new launch for over a year. Starting with a request for proposal that was distributed internationally, the Subcommittee decided to continue its contract with our existing website developer Homelinks Computer Services in Alanta, GA. Keep an eye out for an announcement in your inbox soon. The Marketing Committee will be interested in getting your comments about the new site.
The NCBDC Evaluation Committee meets again one week from today – Monday, April 15th. If you’re interested in obtaining the Certified Professional Building Designer (CPBD) designation, begin by being included on the next meeting agenda, submit your application and being included on the April agenda, please submit your completed application, plans and letters of verification to the AIBD national office no later than noon (ET) on Friday – April 12th. The application fee is $50. All applications are accepted and verified for minimum qualifications. To review the qualifications, download our Candidate Handbook. Applications found to be incomplete may be resubmitted and reevaluated at any future Evaluation Committee meeting. The Evaluation Committee meets on the third Monday of each month. There are no refunds for withdrawn applications.
The Alabama Society is presenting a building codes update session lead by John Battle of the International Code Council. He will be speaking on numerous topics covering the IRC and Energy Code. The event will be catered and includes lunch. Special guests include Kevin Holdridge, AIBD Eastern District Director, and Steve Mickley, AIBD Executive Director. The meeting is 9am to 12pm on Saturday, April 13 at the Montgomery Home Builders offices – 7515 Halcyon Summit Dr. Suite 200, Montgomery, AL.
Alabama president, Chip Hudson, is hosting the groups first society meeting in 2013, which is the first meeting of the society in over a year. Chip informed the MondayMINUTE, “We will also be using this meeting to promote AIBDAL membership and I would like to see each [member] invite one or more people that you think would be a candidate this includes past members as well.” Chip is working hard to re-energize the state society hard hit by the recent economic woes, as was many. “I have been digging back 5+ years getting this Society back on track and in order. I believe things will be turning around soon.” adds the new and energetic president.
It’s not too late to RSVP by calling Chip Hudson at 334-365-4567 or writing him at email@example.com
…AIBD Arizona Quarterly Meeting
The Arizona Society of the AIBD will hold its next Quarterly Meeting on Saturday, April 13.
Starting off the day will be a tour of the Hotel Valley Ho in Scottsdale. Members and their guests will explore the architecture and past of this mid-century-modern landmark, a Hollywood hideaway since 1956 and host to stars like Janet Leigh, Bing Crosby, and Natalie Wood. Designed by architect Edward Varney, Hotel Valley Ho is known for its “Flintstones meets Jetsons” style. Tour meets at the Valley Ho and starts at 1:00pm. Valet Parking available.
After the tour, a late lunch and business meeting will be held at Grazie Pizzeria, in nearby Old Town Scottsdale. Members and Non-Members are invited and encouraged to attend the lunch and meeting, even if they do not come for the tour beforehand. Meeting will begin at 3:00pm.
Please do join us for this tour and meeting. This is a great chance for everyone to catch up on the latest news about the AIBD, as well as have some fun and learn about one of our city’s architectural landmarks. Certified Members will earn CE credits for this tour.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org TODAY! …if you plan to attend the lunch meeting.
…More events ahead.
- April 13 – AIBD Alabama building code updates seminar and lunch, Montgomery, AL
- April 13 – AIBD Arizona quarterly meeting, Old Scottsdale, AZ
- April 19 & 20 – AIBD Florida Quarterly Meeting, St. Augustine, FL
- April 25 & 26 – NCBDC Exam in Hartford, CT (Registration Deadline March 14)
- May 3 – AIBD Washington’s Spring Conference, Kent, WA
- May 4 – AIBD North Carolina Quarterly Meeting, Concord, NC
- May 6 & 7 – NCBDC Exam in Atlanta, GA (Registration Deadline April 6)
- June 5 & 6 – NCBDC Exam in San Antonio, TX (Registration Deadline May 5)
- June 7 – AIBD Northeast Quarterly Meeting, Gloucester, MA
- June 21 & 22 – AIBD Florida Quarterly Meeting, West Palm Beach, FL
- July 13 & 14 – NCBDC Exam in Pasadena, CA (Registration Deadline June 13)
- July 15-18 – AIBD National Convention, Langham Hotel, Pasadena, CA
- August 17 & 18 – NCBDC Exam in Washington, DC (Registration Deadline July 17)
- August 24 – AIBD North Carolina Quarterly Meeting, Rock Hill, NC
- September 5 – AIBD Northeast Quarterly Meeting, Devens, MA
- October 25 & 26 – AIBD Florida Quarterly Meeting, Orlando, FL
- November 16 – AIBD North Carolina Quarterly Meeting and Design Competition Awards, Lexington, NC
- December 5 – AIBD Northeast Quarterly Meeting
- December 6 – AIBD Florida Organizational Meeting, Apopka, FL