The AIBD puts a network of residential and light commercial building design professionals within your reach. Connect with the AIBD and expand your career. Learn about new opportunities and practices in your field, stay up-to-date on the latest trends, and gain a network of fellow design professionals and friends. Plus you can strengthen your marketing and management skills by becoming a leader within your society!
Right now is the time to get on board during our 2013 Membership Drive (May 1 to June 30). In addition to gaining access to other design professionals and local networking and educational events, all new members who register during the Drive will have the $45 New Member Application Fee Waived and those within societies may receive an additional $15 to $25 off on local application fees.
AIBD members referring new Certified and Professional Members can earn membership and event registration discounts – receive a $50 coupon for the first referral who joins during the Drive, a $100 coupon for the second, and a $160 coupon for the third. Three referred new Professional members and your next year’s dues is FREE!
The AIBD Convention Committee introduces the International Conference on Residential design.
ICORD is a two-day P2P knowledge circulation experience. Join us in Pasadena, CA and have access to more than one-hundred lifetimes of industry skill, expertise and awareness. Serving as the educational portion of the American Institute of Building Design’s Annual Convention, ICORD is a dynamic training experience designed to provide you the timely and relevant information you need in your career or business today – as long as you’re willing to ask for it. This much-anticipated event is one part conference, one part technical training, and three parts industry summit. Borrowing from the best of each format, ICORD is a blended teaching and learning environment that is both memorable and effective.
The event begins with the AIBD Corporate Meetings on July 15, on Tuesday, July 16, enjoy a leisurely walking tour of Pasadena’s Hillcrest and Bungalow Heaven housing communities, experience ICORD on July 17 & 18, and close the event at the American Residential Design Awards Dinner. Registrations are ala-carte.
For more information and to register, visit www.AIBDconvention.com
Join us for AIBD’s First Tuesday @ 2:00 (pm ET) on May 7, 2013 and learn how to apply for copyright protection fast, efficiently and reasonably using the Library of Congress’s eCO Online System. Presenters William Briganti is the Assistant Chief of the Visual Arts Division at the U.S. Copyright Office and Mitch Tuchman is a copyright attorney at Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice, LLP. Together, they will demonstrate how you can register your own works and be available to ask general questions about copyrights.
To register, CLICK HERE
…San Antonio NCBDC Exam registration deadline approaches.
The next live exam event is scheduled for June 5th & 6th in San Antonio, TX, in conjunction with the Texas Institute of Building Design’s annual conference. Anyone interested in attending the full two days of nine NCBDC exams or would like to schedule a couple retake exams, contact the AIBD National Office to reserve your seat. Write firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-726-7659.
For more the full exam schedule, visit www.NCBDC.com and click on “Exam Schedule” in the left hand margin.
The Missouri Senate has passed a bill that, among other things, exempts agricultural buildings from having to meet a building code. The bill is now in the House. To read the full text of the bill, CLICK HERE.
…A California General Membership Meeting
On Wednesday, May 8th, the CA Society will be hosting an online membership meeting to discuss the general society business and the group’s events to be held in conjunction with the Pacific Coast Builders Conference in San Diego, June 4th & 5th at the Grand Horton Hotel. For more information, contact Society VP Mike Roeder by writing email@example.com.
…A crawfish boil in Louisiana.
This past weekend, the AIBD Louisiana Society hosted its annual crawfish boil. For 18 years or so, the society has been hosting the boil to recruit potential members and to further networking between current members in a relaxed, informal setting. While they enjoy steaming, peppery hot “mudbugs” along w/ corn on the cob and potatoes thrown in, they also talk about business, family, and whatever else comes to mind. The even attracts around 30 people and serves up about 200 pounds of crawfish. “Every year, however they’re served or whoever attends, we pass a good time, sha!” says LA Society Certified Member Lisa Miller.
…More events ahead
- May 1 – AIBD GA Quarterly Meeting, Senoia, GA
- May 1 – AIBD PA lunch-and-learn, Harrisburg, PA
- May 3 – AIBD Washington’s Spring Conference, Kent, WA
- May 4 – AIBD North Carolina Quarterly Meeting, Concord, NC
- May 6 & 7 – NCBDC Exam in Atlanta, GA (Canceled)
- May 11 – AIBD Ohio Quarterly Meeting, Dayton, OH
- June 4 – AIBD California lunch presentation and membership meeting, Grand Horton Hotel, San Diego
- June 5 – AIBD California dinner presentation, Grand Horton Hotel, San Diego
- June 5 & 6 – NCBDC Exam in San Antonio, TX (Registration Deadline May 5)
- June 7 – AIBD Northeast Quarterly Meeting, Gloucester, MA
- June 21 & 22 – AIBD Florida Quarterly Meeting, West Palm Beach, FL
- July 13 & 14 – NCBDC Exam in Pasadena, CA (Registration Deadline June 13)
- July 15-18 – AIBD National Convention, Langham Hotel, Pasadena, CA
- August 17 & 18 – NCBDC Exam in Washington, DC (Registration Deadline July 17)
- August 24 – AIBD North Carolina Quarterly Meeting, Rock Hill, NC
- September 5 – AIBD Northeast Quarterly Meeting, Devens, MA
- October 25 & 26 – AIBD Florida Quarterly Meeting, Orlando, FL
- November 16 – AIBD North Carolina Quarterly Meeting and Design Competition Awards, Lexington, NC
- December 5 – AIBD Northeast Quarterly Meeting
- December 6 – AIBD Florida Organizational Meeting, Apopka, FL
Free SEO for Building Designers Email Course
You'll also receive our latest content by email.