WASHINGTON, DC – The American Residential Design Awards (ARDA) is the American Institute of Building Design’s premier award program exhibiting design excellence in the residential building industry. To enter the 2013 competition, complete your registration and upload your project entries electronically by midnight this Friday.
ARDA spotlights some of the most creative and innovative building designers, builders, remodelers, architects, and interior designers in the nation. Every year, the awards program, sponsored by Hanley Wood’s ePlans magazine, Concrete Decor magazine and File Genius, recognizes good design in custom luxury, builder’s models, pre-designed stock plans, remodeling, sustainability, and working drawings.
For more information and to enter:
Download the CALL FOR ENTRIES
Download the CATEGORIES
Download the REGISTRATION
WASHINGTON, DC – There are seven says left to receive the AIBD discounted room rate at the Langham Huntington, Pasadena, the host hotel for the AIBD 2013 Annual Convention. Rooms are $189/night (plus taxes and fees). To make a reservation, contact the Langham directly by calling (626) 568-3900. AIBD has reserved a limited number of rooms and the discounted rate may not be available if the block fills prior to the June 24 reservation deadline.
The event begins with the AIBD Corporate Meetings on July 15, on Tuesday, July 16, enjoy a leisurely walking tour of Pasadena’s Hillcrest and Bungalow Heaven housing communities, experience ICORD on July 17 & 18, and close the event at the American Residential Design Awards Dinner. Registrations are ala-carte.
For more information and to register, visit www.AIBDconvention.com
…Aurora Awards names AIBD judges.
ORLANDO, FL – NCBDC President John Fought, CPBD is Chairing the 2013 Aurora awards Competition for the Southeast Builders Conference in Orlando, Florida July 10-13, 2013. Among the Aurora Award Judging panel are Karen Kassik-Michelsohn, CPBD, Paul Cole, CPBD and Susan Berry, CPBD.
It’s not too late to enter the Concept Awards! The Concept Awards is a two-day live design competition hosted by the AIBD Florida Society in the SEBC exhibit hall. For more information and to register to compete, CLICK HERE.
…Student Scholarship application deadline approaches.
WASHINGTON, DC – The Institute’s College of Fellows awards two scholarships each year, the College of Fellows Memorial Scholarship and the Annette Farmer Memorial Scholarship. Each scholarship recipient is awarded $1000 and they are named at the AIBD National Convention. The scholarship winners will be announced July 18th at the Langham Hotel in Pasadena, CA as a part of the AIBD National Convention. The deadline to apply is June 30, 2013.
For more information, qualifications and applications, CLICK HERE.
Return to top of page
- June 21 – American Residential Design Awards registration and entry deadline.
- June 21 & 22 – AIBD Florida Quarterly Meeting, West Palm Beach, FL
- July 13 & 14 – NCBDC Exam in Pasadena, CA (Registration Deadline June 13)
- July 15-18 – AIBD National Convention, Langham Hotel, Pasadena, CA
- July 27 – AIBD Oklahoma, Building Codes Updates, Oklahoma City, OK
- August 17 & 18 – NCBDC Exam in Washington, DC (Registration Deadline July 17)
- August 24 – AIBD North Carolina Quarterly Meeting, Rock Hill, NC
- September 5 – AIBD Northeast Quarterly Meeting, Devens, MA
- October 25 & 26 – AIBD Florida Quarterly Meeting, Orlando, FL
- November 16 – AIBD North Carolina Quarterly Meeting and Design Competition Awards, Lexington, NC
- December 5 – AIBD Northeast Quarterly Meeting
- December 6 – AIBD Florida Organizational Meeting, Apopka, FL
- (2014) February 6 & 7 – AIBD National Mid-year Meeting, Las Vegas, NV
Free SEO for Building Designers Email Course
You'll also receive our latest content by email.