WASHINGTON, DC – Are you attending ICORD? What is ICORD? This much-anticipated event is one part conference, one part technical training, and three parts industry summit. Borrowing from the best of each format, ICORD is a blended teaching and learning environment that is both memorable and effective. Serving as the educational portion of the AIBD Annual Convention (www.AIBDconvention.com), ICORD is a dynamic training experience designed to provide you the timely and relevant information you need in your career or business today.
Join us for AIBD’s First Tuesday @ 2:00 (pm ET) and talk with this year’s speakers and facilitator. Don’t miss an opportunity to preview the topics and start the open space discussions.
CLICK HERE to register.
PASADENA, CA – Online registration for the AIBD Annual Convention and its educational programs – ICORD – closes at midnight Tuesday, July 8th. The REGULAR registration rate ends this Saturday. Plenty of space is still available for the conference and the Langham Huntington hotel is still honoring the AIBD group rate if the hotel is not sold out. Currently there are 12 more seats left on the Architectural Tour through the Hillcrest and Bungalow Heaven neighborhoods on July 16th.
For more information and to register, visit www.AIBDconvention.com.
…Meet your Board candidates.
WASHINGTON, DC – Each year the AIBD House of Delegates elects a new Board of Directors. This year’s election is July 15th during the Delegates’ first meeting of the 2013/2014 Fiscal Year in Pasadena, CA. The AIBD Nomination Committee, lead by Immediate Past President Dan Sater, proudly presents the following candidates.
Returning Board Members:
- President: Varina “Viki” Wooster (OR) has served as Secretary/Treasurer, External Vice President and is seeking to serve her second term as AIBD President. She is owner of Wooster Design Inspirations in Bend, OR, is a CPBD and also holds an MA in Cultural Anthropology. READ MORE…
- Internal Vice President: David Pillsbury (FL) is a CPBD, a Certified Green Professional (CGP) and a US EPA Certified Renovator. He too is seeking a second term. READ MORE…
- External Vice President: Paul Cole, CPBD (SC) is the owner of Cole Design Studio, LLC, an award-winning residential design firm based in Beaufort, SC. Paul has served as Eastern District Director and is seeking his second term as Internal VP. READ MORE…
- Secretary Treasurer: Richard Emigh, CPBD (CA) Owner of Land Use Analysis / Designing / Drafting (LUD2), Capitola CA. He is a California Society Past President and has served as AIBD Secretary/Treasurer for one year. READ MORE…
- Eastern District Director: Kevin Holdridge, CPBD (NC) is President of KDH Residential Designs in Charlotte, NC. During his first term as Eastern District Director he lead the Membership Committee and is seeking a second term. READ MORE…
- Western District Director: Heather Attardo (CO) graduated from Appalachian State University in 1992 with a B.S. in Industrial Technology. Heather is serving as the Colorado Society’s treasurer for many consecutive years. She is also a very active member of the Home Builder’s Association of Metro Denver, serving on the Board of the Remodeler’s Council, Council Board, and Associate Member Council, as well as serving as a member liaison to the HBA. READ MORE…
- Western District Director: Karl Koning, CPBD (WA) is the owner of Koning Designs in Renton, WA. Karl is a Registered Architect and Certified Professional Building Designer. Serving on the Washington Society’s Board since 2009, Karl is the current Vice-President and has held positions as Publicity and Membership Chair, and External Vice-President. READ MORE…
- Central District Director: Joey Martin (IN) established Martin Drafting & Design in 2003. He is also very active with the National Association of Home Builders. As a nationally certified instructor, Joey travels the country to provide education to builders and builder associates in the fields of Green Building, Aging in Place and Business Management. READ MORE…
…More events ahead.
- July 13 & 14 – NCBDC Exam in Pasadena, CA (Registration is Closed)
- July 15-18 – AIBD National Convention, Langham Hotel, Pasadena, CA
- July 27 – AIBD Oklahoma, Building Codes Updates, Oklahoma City, OK
- August 17 & 18 – NCBDC Exam in Washington, DC (Registration Deadline July 17)
- August 24 – AIBD North Carolina Quarterly Meeting, Rock Hill, NC
- September 5 – AIBD Northeast Quarterly Meeting, Devens, MA
- October 25 & 26 – AIBD Florida Quarterly Meeting, Orlando, FL
- November 16 – AIBD North Carolina Quarterly Meeting and Design Competition Awards, Lexington, NC
- December 5 – AIBD Northeast Quarterly Meeting
- December 6 – AIBD Florida Organizational Meeting, Apopka, FL
- (2014) February 6 & 7 – AIBD National Mid-year Meeting, Las Vegas, NV