…First Tuesday @ 2:00: Meet your Board of Directors
Join us for AIBD’s First Tuesday @ 2:00 (pm ET) and find out what’s on the minds of our Board Members. Meet some of the AIBD Board members and talk about our strengths, our weaknesses, our opportunities and our threats. Led by our President Viki Wooster, the Board will begin next year’s strategic planning in just a few weeks. Take part in the process by sharing your vision for the organization this Tuesday afternoon.
This presentation is hosted by the American Institute of Building Design and attendance is FREE for its members and guests but registration is required. Certified Professional Building Designers will earn 1.0 CE units for attending the live presentation.
For more information on the event and to register to attend CLICK HERE.
WASHINGTON, DC – NCBDC is hosting a live exam event in Austin, Texas, September 26 & 27. The registration deadline is August 30. Anyone who has already applied for certification and has been approved as a candidate can apply by downloading the Candidate Handbook and submitting an Exam Registration Form (page 42).
Anyone seeking certification but has not started the process may also download the Candidate Handbook and submit the Certification Application (page 39-41) along with the support materials; one set of plans from three different projects, three letters of verification of experience, education transcripts and employment verification letters (if education and employment are listed on the application) are also a part of the application.
The fee to apply to start the certification process is $50 and the cost to sit for all nine NCBDC exams at a live exam event is $360. Anyone who did not pass all nine exams at a live event may continue by only taking those exams that were failed. To schedule one or more retakes, use the Exam Registration Form and reserve your seat at the Austin exam. Retakes cost $40 for each exam being retaken.
For more information and assistance with your applications, contact AIBD General Manager Whit Peterson by writing info@NCBDC.com or calling 1-888-726-7659.
Greene & Greene’s Gamble House CDs discovered.
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO – Certified Member Larry Gilland reported to the AIBD National Office his discovery of the Gamble House construction drawings at the library of Congress. The Gamble House was the site of an AIBD event during the 2013 convention last month in Pasadena, CA.
“Willie Dalrymple and I were doing the tour in our group of the Gamble House last Wednesday and Willie wondered if the plans still existed on the house.” Larry Gilland reported to General Manager Whit Peterson by email. “I knew the Library of congress keeps archives of many historic and famous structures – so I sent him the link.” By doing so, Larry suggested that everyone be made aware the link exists, as well as the opportunity to research many other historic buildings at the Library of Congress website.
Anyone interested in checking out the drawings of the historic Craftsman Style home can access the original plans by CLICKING HERE.
…More events ahead.
- August 16 & 17 – NCBDC Exam in Washington, DC (Closed)
- August 23 – AIBD North Carolina Quarterly Meeting, Cornelius, NC
- September 5 – AIBD Northeast Quarterly Meeting, Devens, MA
- September 27 & 28 – NCBDC Exam in Austin, TX (Registration Deadline August 30)
- October 24 & 25 – NCBDC Exam in St. Francisville, LA (Registration Deadline September 30)
- October 25 & 26 – AIBD Florida Quarterly Meeting, Orlando, FL
- October 25 & 26 – AIBD Louisiana/Mississippi Joint Convention, St. Francisville, LA
- November 16 – AIBD North Carolina Quarterly Meeting and Design Competition Awards, Lexington, NC
- December 5 – AIBD Northeast Quarterly Meeting
- December 6 – AIBD Florida Organizational Meeting, Apopka, FL
- (2014) February 6 & 7 – AIBD National Mid-year Meeting, Las Vegas, NV