Join us for AIBD’s First Tuesday @ 2:00 (pm ET) and learn more about the Climate Reality Project, a global network of activists committed to take on the climate crisis and solving the greatest threat humanity has ever faced. Our guest Jacqueline Germany is a part of the Climate Reality Project Leadership Corps and provides training in climate science, communications and organizing to tell the story of climate change and inspires communities everywhere to take action.
This presentation is hosted by the American Institute of Building Design and attendance is FREE for its members and guests. However, registration is required. Certified design professionals will earn 1.0 CE units for attending the online presentation.
CLICK HERE to register.
Candidates and applicants have one more week to register for the December 7th & 8th NCBDC Exam Event in Portland, OR. The exams are scheduled to be hosted at the Red Lion Hotel and will be held immediately following the JLC LIVE building show and the AIBD Oregon Society Fall Conference.
All applications and registration forms must be received at the AIBD National Office by 5:00 p.m. EST one week from today – November 11, 2013. To get a copy of the application and registration forms, click the link below to download the NCBDC Candidate Handbook. The applications are found at the back of the handbook.
To download the NCBDC Candidate Handbook: CLICK HERE.
To get your FREE JLC LIVE exhibit hall passes, CLICK HERE. (promo-code NCO1)
…AIBD launches a new shipping program.
The AIBD is proud to announce the UPS® Savings Program! Make the most out of your membership and take advantage of some of the most competitive rates available on shipping services with UPS. Whether you need your documents or packages to arrive the next day or are looking for the most affordable shipping option, UPS understands the importance of reliability, speed and cost.
Save up to 34% on a broad portfolio of UPS shipping services for you and your business, including:
- Up to 34% on UPS Air letters including UPS Next Day Air®*
- Up to 30% on UPS Air packages (1 lb.+)*
- Up to 32% on UPS International imports and exports
- Up to 16% on UPS Ground shipments
- Savings begin at 70% on UPS Freight LTL shipments over 150 lbs.
You can receive these discounts even if you already have a UPS account. Plus, the more you ship, the more you can save with UPS.
Take advantage of this valuable member benefit today. To enroll and start saving, visit savewithups.com/AIBD.
…AIBD members give back to their community.
Last week, Keesee and Associates, Inc. presented a $2,000.00 donation to Grows Literacy Council (www.growsliteracy.org) in order to help them buy new computers for their literacy and education programs. Donations were collected from among Keesee and Associates’ employees to support the school. The check was then presented to Grows’ cheerful Executive Director, Marilina Viera.
Grows Literacy Council is a member of Pro Literacy (www.proliteracy.org) and the Florida Literacy Coalition (floridaliteracy.org) and is claimed one of the two best Family Literacy programs in the state of Florida. The school is committed to educating non-English speakers to overcome issues of unemployment, low wages, language barriers, and cultural isolation. Grows aims to help non-English speakers and immigrant families gain the skills they need to help their children succeed in schools and adapt to North American culture.
As a longtime supporter of the school, Keesee and Associates, Inc. is thrilled about the work Grows does and the opportunities it provides for the community. The company has continually supported Grows’ work throughout the year and is dedicated to the community it serves, offering both its time and resources. Mike Keesee (www.linkedin.com/in/mkeesee), President and CEO of Keesee and Associates recounts, “I was proud of our employees for taking a part in this corporate initiative and contributing to Grows. It shows that our commitment to the community exists throughout our company, not just at the executive level.”
…AIBD Gulf Coast societies report successful event.
The Mississippi/Louisiana AIBD Convention was a success! It was held October 25-27, 2013 at the Bluffs in St. Francisville, LA. Great attendance, lots of information shared, and camaraderie among fellow designers.
To view images from the event, CLICK HERE.
…More events ahead.
- October 30 – AIBD Georgia, meeting, education and dinner, McDonough, GA
- November 13 – Norbord/Woodworks webcast: Full-Scale Shear Wall Tests for Force Transfer Around Openings. CLICK HERE
- November 15 – AIBD North Carolina Quarterly Meeting and Design Competition Awards, Lexington, NC
- December 4, 5 & 6 – JLC LIVE Northwest, Portland, OR (Get FREE exhibit hall passes CLICK HERE)
- December 5 – AIBD Northeast Quarterly Meeting
- December 6 – AIBD Oregon Luncheon & Idea Swap, Portland, OR
- December 6 – AIBD Florida Organizational Meeting, Apopka, FL
- UPDATED DATES! December 6 & 7 – NCBDC Exam in Portland, OR (Apply and register by November 11)
- December 11 – Norbord/Woodworks webcast: Glued Laminated Timer – An Innovative and Versatile EWP. CLICK HERE
- (2014) February 6 & 7 – AIBD National Mid-year Meeting, Las Vegas, NV
- (2014) July 29 – August 1 – AIBD National Convention & International Conference on Residential Design, Columbus, OH (Tentative)AIBD National Convention
- (2014) August 2 – AIBD National Volunteer Day – Build furniture at the FurnitureBank in Columbus, OH.
Free SEO for Building Designers Email Course
You'll also receive our latest content by email.