Job site mold management webinar
Tuesday, October 7th, 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm (EDT)
CLICK HERE to register.
Have you ever noticed the mold growing on trusses and other building materials while they’re sitting on the job site waiting to be installed? What about lumber stockpiled in lumber yards and truss plants waiting to be sold? What happens to that mold after the materials are placed inside the home? Those are questions AIBD member Lyle Breeze recently had and he found the answers.
Join us for a discussion with Lyle and Will Spates, president of Indoor Environmental Technologies. Learn how these scenarios can become an issue, how to write material handling specifications that help mitigate the issues, and how to find someone like Will to resolve potential mold problems during construction.
Free lunch and learn in Alabama.
Thursday, October 16th, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm (CDT)
Location: 7115 Halcyon Summit Dr. Ste 200 Montgomery, AL 36117
Please RSVP: CLICK HERE or phone: 334-365-4567
The AIBD Alabama Society is presenting two outstanding educational programs:
Andersen Windows Presents
- Our New Approach To Windows & Doors based on the style of the home your designing.
- We will introduce you to style guides with elements that bring authenticity to a desired architectural style.
- A presentation has also been designed to assist you with the client that has Champagne Taste on a Beer Budget
Artlantis 5, a Revolution in Rendering and Animation
- Demonstrating how to create photo realistic 3-D Renderings in less than 10 minutes.
Oklahoma job site tour.
Saturday, October 18th - 9:30 to 10:00 am (CDT) gather and tour is 10:00 am to 12:30pm
Life Community Church and Memorial Chapel
3700 Prepaid Way
Ada, OK 74820
Join the AIBD Oklahoma Society and tour Life Community Church and Memorial Chapel project and job site while still under construction. (Bring a hard hat if you have/want one)
Lunch at undetermined location at this time with AIBD business meeting to follow. For more information, Contact Bruce Yancey (405) 360-8717, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, October 16, 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm (EDT)
CLICK HERE to register.
For wind design, prescriptive wall bracing is limited to homes in regions with wind speeds less than 110 mph. This webinar will provide a top to bottom overview of wind resistant methods for wood framed structures located in higher wind zones. The overall strength of a building is a function of all of the components – roof, walls, floors, and foundation – working together as a unit. Construction of durable box-type structures will be illustrated along with important connections along the critical load-path. Presented the wall bracing experts at the APA.
More events ahead.
- October 16 – WALL BRACING V: Building Wood Framed Structures for High Wind Resistance.
- October 16 – Free Lunch and Learn, Montgomery, AL
- October 18 – AIBD OK Quarterly General Membership Meeting, Ada, OK
Looking into 2015…
- March 6-8, 2015 – AIBD North Carolina/South Carolina Annual Conference, North Myrtle Beach, SC
- March 25-27, 2015 – AIBD California Annual Conference, Skyline College, San Bruno, CA
August 3 – 6, 2015 – AIBD National Convention and Interactive Conference on Residential Design, Providence, RI