Thursday, October 16, 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm (EDT)
CLICK HERE to register.
For wind design, prescriptive wall bracing is limited to homes in regions with wind speeds less than 110 mph. This webinar will provide a top to bottom overview of wind resistant methods for wood framed structures located in higher wind zones. The overall strength of a building is a function of all of the components – roof, walls, floors, and foundation – working together as a unit. Construction of durable box-type structures will be illustrated along with important connections along the critical load-path. Presented the wall bracing experts at the APA.
Free lunch and learn in Alabama.
Thursday, October 16th, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm (CDT)
Location: 7115 Halcyon Summit Dr. Ste 200 Montgomery, AL 36117
Please RSVP: CLICK HERE or phone: 334-365-4567
The AIBD Alabama Society is presenting two outstanding educational programs:
Andersen Windows Presents
- Our New Approach To Windows & Doors based on the style of the home your designing.
- We will introduce you to style guides with elements that bring authenticity to a desired architectural style.
- A presentation has also been designed to assist you with the client that has Champagne Taste on a Beer Budget
Artlantis 5, a Revolution in Rendering and Animation
- Demonstrating how to create photo realistic 3-D Renderings in less than 10 minutes.
Saturday, October 18th – 9:30 to 10:00 am (CDT) gather and tour is 10:00 am to 12:30pm
Life Community Church and Memorial Chapel
3700 Prepaid Way
Ada, OK 74820
Join the AIBD Oklahoma Society and tour Life Community Church and Memorial Chapel project and job site while still under construction. (Bring a hard hat if you have/want one)
Lunch at undetermined location at this time with AIBD business meeting to follow. For more information, Contact Bruce Yancey (405) 360-8717, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support reclaimed wood project, vote for Goodwin Company!
Goodwin Company is an AIBD Associate member participating in the Chase Mission Main Street grant program. This grant will help them fund an extension of their wood flooring offerings. A new line of pre-finished, builder-ready products is in the works, which will allow a broader range of customers to enjoy the quality River-Recovered® and antique reclaimed wood Goodwin has been providing for over 35 years.
Voting is quick, easy and free. Your vote will help them:
- Complete research and development of their new pre-finished wood flooring line.
- Offer diverse color variations that work well with River-Recovered® wood.
- Implement texturizing to enhance the design options.
- Continue to preserve our environment by providing a product that reduces the need for cutting down living trees.
Every vote counts! It only takes a few short clicks to help Goodwin Company expand our product lines and offer our valued customers a wider variety of flooring options.
CLICK HERE to place your vote now!
AIBD members can take advantage of great pricing From Lenovo®.
Are you trying to stay ahead of the holiday rush or upgrade your current office or home PC? Enjoy great pricing on Lenovo wide range of PCs until October 31, 2014.
ThinkPad® and IdeapadTM notebooks provide you with flexibility and performance to conduct your day-to-day or business activities anywhere. Take advantage of the mobile freedom to work or play with a Lenovo® tablet, or enjoy rock solid reliability and performance with one of our productivity desktops. Visit http://www.lenovo.com/lsp for details on INSTANT savings of up to 37% on select PCs. Plus, receive FREE shipping on all web orders.
- Desktops – Premium Performance, Solid Reliability (Save up to 37% on select desktops).
- Consumer Laptops – Powered for Productivity but Built for Play and Everyday (Save up to 25% on select laptops).
- Tablets – Work, Play, Comfort, Versatility (Save up to 20% on select tablets).
- Award-Winning ThinkPad Products (Save up to 10% on select ThinkPad laptops).
Call: 1.800.426.7235, ext. 3569 (M-F: 9am-9pm EST, Sat-Sun: 9am-5:30pm EST)
Remember to accessorize your purchase. Be sure to check the website often – special offers change frequently.
January 2 – January 10, 2015
The WINTERIM Professional Intensive is designed to provide current and future design professionals with the unique chance to receive in-depth training in the principles of classical design, in both its technical and artistic dimensions. Professionals and educators currently active in the field of traditional design instruct students in the following: Traditional Drafting by Hand, Architectural Wash Rendering, Theory of Proportion, A Comparative Study of the Orders, Linear Perspective, Observational Drawing, and the Literature and Theory of Classical Architecture. Classroom hours are balanced between time spent in the studio, time engaged in lecture or discussion, and guided site visits to various New York City landmarks. This program satisfies the core course requirements for the ICAA’s Certificate of Classical Architecture.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Tuition assistance is available for qualifying applicants.
CLICK HERE to download a registration.
Location: ICAA, 20 West 44th Street, 3rd Floor, New York, NY
Application Deadline: December 1, 2014
Application Fee: $25 ($20 Members)
Cost/Learning Units: $1,995 ($1,895 Members) 55 (25 HSW) AIA/CES CEHs
For more information, please email us at email@example.com or call 212.730.9646 × 111
More events ahead.
- October 16 – WALL BRACING V: Building Wood Framed Structures for High Wind Resistance.
- October 16 – Free Lunch and Learn, Montgomery, AL
- October 18 – AIBD OK Quarterly General Membership Meeting, Ada, OK
- October 24 – Simpson StrongTie Tour – Stockton, CA (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- November 7 – AIBD Iowa general membership meeting (more info to come)
Looking into 2015…
- March 6-8, 2015 – AIBD North Carolina/South Carolina Annual Conference, North Myrtle Beach, SC
- March 25-27, 2015 – AIBD California Annual Conference, Skyline College, San Bruno, CA
August 3 – 6, 2015 – AIBD National Convention and Interactive Conference on Residential Design, Providence, RI