AIBD UCM recruits 29 members in 2014/2015.
The Design & Drafting Technology department at the University of Central Missouri has completed their fall membership drive and the numbers are in – 29 total AIBD Design Student members in the combined ADDA/AIBD UCM Student Chapter. Of the 29 total members this school year, 10 of them are renewing from last year and 19 are new recruits. The total is up 7 members from last year’s chapter of 22 students.
Above you’ll see the ADDA/AIBD acronyms proudly displayed on the chapter’s 2014 Homecoming Parade float. CLICK HERE or on the image to view more photos and to LIKE the chapter’s Facebook page. Follow the chapter and support our building designers of tomorrow.
Did you know?…
The AIBD College of Fellows supports the AIBD students and student chapters financially? They do this through student scholarships and student chapter grants. A portion of your dues goes towards funding these activities each year, but more could be done with your help. To learn more, visit www.AIBDmember.org/donatenow.
A Simpson StrongTie training and tour.
- Friday, October 24th, 11:30 am to 4:30pm (PDT)
- Location: 5151 S. Airport Way Stockton, CA 95206
- Please RSVP: email@example.com
AIBD members are cordially invited to attend a training and plant tour at Simpson Strong-Tie. This has been arranged especially for AIBD members interested in learning about proper connections. Detailed information will be provided on Simpson Strong-Tie products for wood framed construction. Anchor systems products will be addressed, as well as, Lateral systems, Fasteners and today’s codes.
You are invited to join the American Institute of Building Design at Remodeling Show & DeckExpo 2014 at the Baltimore Convention Center, October 23-24, where we will have all our exciting offerings, experts, and top executives on hand to answer your questions.
Register Today and get a free two-day expo hall pass and a 20% discount on an All-Access Conference Pass – on our behalf! Visit us in booth 4723.
Raising the Bar for Remodeling and Deck Building Professionals Remodeling Show & DeckExpo, co-located with JLC LIVE, is the once-a-year national trade show, educational conference, and networking opportunity for professional remodelers, contractors, builders, and members of the deck and railing industry. Amongst hundreds of exhibitors, the expo floor features installation clinics, interactive workshops, and exhibitor-led product presentations.
The conference kicks-off with the Business Skills Boot Camps and rounds out with breakout seminars. Forge new relationships with product manufacturers and fellow remodelers and contractors on the expo floor, in the conference, and during social events. Join us in Baltimore, register today! Note: The 20% discount on an All-Access Conference Pass is automatically reflected in the online registration system. If you have already registered, feel free to share this with a friend or co-worker. Refunds are not available on previous registrations.
Sign up for Integrity’s iPad® giveaway.
Every month in 2014, Integrity is giving away an Apple iPad Air, the ultimate work tool. Building professionals can sign up each month to be entered to win. Have you already signed up for a previous month’s giveaway? Well, each month we’re hitting the reset button, so make sure you enter for a chance to win the October drawing. CLICK HERE to sign up for your chance to win.
BeLoose tip: Axonometric Overlay Drawings.
By: Mike Lin, BeLoose Graphic Workshop
This Tip highlights using plan drawings to create quick axonometric drawings to scale. I use this technique quite often in my design studio and with clients to quickly reveal what the design of spaces could feel like. The benefit of using this as a presentation tool is scale. As long as your plan is to a scale, your axonometric once drawn is extruded from that same scaled drawing. Steps:
- Take your site or floor plan and rotate the drawing 30-45 degrees. Try different rotations so your vertical lines don’t end up overlapping.
- In red pencil, take points on the plan and draw vertical lines and wall corners and edges. Use your scale ruler to extrude the lines to the desired design height.
- Add in furnishings, doors, windows, etc.
- Final overlay in pen, either freehand or with straight edge.
Visit BeLoose Graphic Workshop at: http://www.beloose.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network
More events ahead.
- October 16 – Free Lunch and Learn, Montgomery, AL
- October 18 – AIBD OK Quarterly General Membership Meeting, Ada, OK
- October 24 – Simpson StrongTie Tour – Stockton, CA (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- November 7 – AIBD Iowa general membership meeting (more info to come)
- November 21 & 22 – AIBD Florida Year-end Conference, Maitland, FL
Looking into 2015…
- February 23 – AIBD House of Delegates Mid-year Meeting, Las Vegas, NV
- March 6-8, 2015 – AIBD North Carolina/South Carolina Annual Conference, North Myrtle Beach, SC
- March 25-27, 2015 – AIBD California Annual Conference, Skyline College, San Bruno, CA
August 3 – 6, 2015 – AIBD National Convention and Interactive Conference on Residential Design, Providence, RI