CLICK HERE to download information about the St. Petersburg, FL, downtown walking tour by AIBD Professional member Tim Roney this Friday, February 20th, and the Easy Living Technology presentation by AIBD Associate member Mike Stram on Saturday, February 21st. In addition, after Mike’s presentation everyone is invited to tour the LumaStream LED factory.
Please RSVP immediately by writing RSVP@AIBDFL.org.
Registration still open for AIBD Southeastern conference
The 15th Annual North Carolina & South Carolina Spring Conference & Trade Show is almost here. The dates are Friday and Saturday, March 6 & 7. Mark your calendar and get your registration in right away! There is an exciting and interesting lineup of classes and networking opportunities, all designed to help designers with their businesses.
CLICK HERE to download all the information regarding the agenda, hotel reservations, golfing and payment. Read the information over carefully. Fill out and return the registration form (page 2 of the download) as soon as possible. You’re welcome to bring as many guests as you want. Payment for each category is indicated on the registration form. If you need more space, please print the form again. To ask questions, call Brenda Dalrymple, Administrative Assistant, at 910.515.6948.
By: Viki Wooster, CPBD, Immediate Past President and Nominating Committee Chairperson.
Listed below are the Board of Director positions with the name of the incumbent. The term of office for elected Board members is one year. Incumbents may run for re-election or for a new position. Presidents have in the past often served two sequential one-year terms. The Board meets monthly via GoToMeeting.
- President: David Pillsbury (FL)
- Internal Vice President: Kevin Holdridge (NC)
- External Vice President: Karen Kassik-Michelsohn (AK)
- Treasurer: Richard Emigh (CA)
- Secretary: The position of Secretary is newly established and will be filled in the upcoming election. Richard Emigh is acting Secretary.
Elected Directors: The new Bylaws call for between four and six directors (at large). Prior to the recent changes, there were three directors, serving geographic districts. The additional one to three seats will be filled in the upcoming election. Current directors are Karl Koning (WA), Newell Cheatham (TX), and Chip Hudson (AL)
Non-Elected Board Members:
- Immediate Past President: Viki Wooster (OR)
- Chancellor of the College of Fellows: Jannis Vann (GA)
- NCBDC representative: Alan Abrams (DC)
- Chief Staff Officer (an advisory member): Steve Mickley (Staff)
Sweet AIBD deals from Lenovo.
February brings super SWEET deals! Get INSTANT SAVINGS all month long on Lenovo’s legendary PCs. Surprise your Valentine with an incredible offer on laptops, desktops, tablets, workstations or servers! Plus get FREE shipping on all web orders. Lenovo laptops provide you with flexibility and performance to conduct your day to day or business activities anywhere. Enjoy the mobile freedom to work or play with a Lenovo tablet, or enjoy rock solid reliability and performance with a desktop.
Take advantage of great pricing on a wide range of PCs until February 28, 2014:
- Up to 33% off select desktops
- Up to 25% off select Lenovo laptops
- Up to 12% on select ThinkPad laptops
- Up to 20% off select Lenovo tablets
Don’t forget every PC needs accessories and service…UPGRADE NOW! For more information and easy ordering, visit http://www.lenovo.com/lsp or call 1.800.426.7235, ext. 3569(M-F: 9am-9pm EST, Sat: 9am-6pm EST). Think Love. Think Savings. Think Lenovo.
Green summit registration savings extended.
Good news! Super Early Bird registration rates for the 2015 Green California Summit have been extended until Friday, February 20.
Concurrent sessions on April 7-8 will help you discover best practices in energy efficiency, fleet management, water conservation, sustainable purchasing, green codes, project funding and more. Partners including the Institute for Local Government, Clean Cities Sacramento and East Bay, CalRecyle and USGBC Northern California have assisted the Summit in developing this valuable content.
Take advantage our best registration rates ($150 for a one-day pass and $250 for a two-day pass, lunch included). Discounts are available for groups of four or more. Call 626.577.5700 for details.
CLICK HERE for more information and a link to register.
More events ahead.
- February 17 – Air Vent’s Ask the Expert Ventilation Seminar, Milwaukee, WI
- February 18 – Air Vent’s Ask the Expert Ventilation Seminar, Bloomington, MN
- February 20-21 – AIBD Florida Society event, St. Petersburg, FL
- March 3 – Air Vent’s Ask the Expert Ventilation Seminar, Vaughan, Ontario
- March 4 – Air Vent’s Ask the Expert Ventilation Seminar, Sterling Heights, MI
- March 5 – Air Vent’s Ask the Expert Ventilation Seminar, Spring Lake, MI
- March 6-8 – AIBD North Carolina/South Carolina Annual Conference, North Myrtle Beach, SC
- March 10 – Air Vent’s Ask the Expert Ventilation Seminar, Buffalo, NY
- March 11 – Air Vent’s Ask the Expert Ventilation Seminar, Independence, OH
- March 12 – Air Vent’s Ask the Expert Ventilation Seminar, Worthington, OH
- March 13 – Air Vent’s Ask the Expert Ventilation Seminar, Indianapolis, IN
- March 18 – Air Vent’s Ask the Expert Ventilation Seminar, Oklahoma City, OK
- March 20 – Air Vent’s Ask the Expert Ventilation Seminar, Dallas, TX
- March 25-27 – AIBD California Annual Conference, Skyline College, San Bruno, CA
- August 3 – 6 – AIBD National Convention and Interactive Conference on Residential Design, Providence, RI