AIBD House of Delegates meet this Friday.
- January 23, 2015 – 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. (PST)
- The South Point Hotel, Spa and Casino, Las Vegas, NV
Each year, the AIBD House of Delegates conducts two business meetings. This Friday, is the first in 2015. The delegates have corporate authority over the management of the affairs of AIBD and is composed of representatives from each of the state societies, two at large members and a representative from each council.
Although their meetings are scheduled routinely, the issues faced by the delegates’ are not. This year it has been reported during recent Society Officer Committee meetings, AIBD has been struggling financially over the past five years. It was also reported, membership has been declining for more than a decade. Our newly elected president, David Pillsbury, with the assistance of our two freshmen vice presidents, Kevin Holdridge and Karen Kassik-Michelsohn, will present a plan intended to address those issues.
The MondayMINUTE will report the results of their discussions, votes and actions one week from today.
Meanwhile, feel free to CLICK HERE and download the meeting agenda, minutes of the house’s meeting in July, reports from your division chairpersons, and other important meeting documents.
Visit AIBD at IBS this week.
January 20, 21 & 22, 2015 – 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (PST)
AIBD, a supporter of Design and Construction Week, is building awareness at the largest annual light construction show in the world. Visit us at booth C52 (in the Grand Lobby between the central and north halls) at the NAHB’s International Building Show in Las Vegas, Nevada. This is the second time The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA) are co-locating in Las Vegas. With over a combined 1,700 exhibitors IBS and the Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS), the first annual Design & Construction Week™ delivered an amazing experience for over 75,000 attendees from across the globe.
CLICK HERE for more information about the event.
Save the date – Society to meet in New Hampshire next Thursday.
Plan to attend the AIBD Northeast Society’s general membership meeting next Thursday, January 29th, in Hampton, NH. The purpose of the meeting is to report the decisions made by the AIBD House of Delegates this Friday and to discuss the future planning of the society. The society is planning on broadcasting the meeting via GoToMeeting. But don’t risk a bad internet connection, attend in person if you can.
For more information, such as time and location, and to RSVP, contact Kathryn Joiner by writing email@example.com.
Tacoma, WA tour and education announced.
February 5, 2015 – 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. (PST)
The AIBD Washington Society and Milgard Manufacturing are hosting a educational event and tour at the Milgard facility – 965 54th Avenue East, Tacoma, WA 98424. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 30th.
CLICK HERE to download the schedule.
Registration now open for Southeastern spring conference.
The 15th Annual North Carolina & South Carolina Spring Conference & Trade Show is fast approaching. The dates are Friday and Saturday, March 6 & 7. Mark your calendar and get your registration in right away! There is an exciting and interesting lineup of classes and networking opportunities, all designed to help designers with their businesses.
CLICK HERE to download all the information regarding the agenda, hotel reservations, golfing and payment. Read the information over carefully. Fill out and return the registration form (page 2 of the download) as soon as possible. You’re welcome to bring as many guests as you want. Payment for each category is indicated on the registration form. If you need more space, please print the form again. To ask questions, call Brenda Dalrymple, Administrative Assistant, at 910.515.6948.
BHMA publishes new residential standards.
BHMA’s first two residential standards have been drafted and approval is anticipated for the first half of 2015. The first will set performance requirements for residential locksets and latches used in single family homes and multifamily dwellings, including durability, security, and finish tests. Similarly, the second standard will outline the requirements for residential deadbolts and dead latches.
This year also marks the 90th anniversary of the Builders Hardware Manufacturers Association. Committee members are currently making plans to acknowledge the momentous milestone.
Full scopes for ANSI/BHMA standards can be found on the BHMA website at http://buildershardware.com/bhma-standards. For more information on ANSI/BHMA standards, please contact Tim Bennett at email@example.com.
The Builders Hardware Manufacturers Association (BHMA) is an industry leader in building safety and security. BHMA is the only organization accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) to develop and maintain performance standards for locks, closers, exit devices and other builders hardware. The widely known ANSI/BHMA A156 series of standards describes and establishes the features and criteria for specific types of hardware products. In addition, BHMA sponsors third-party certification of hardware products, which is a requirement for a product to
bear the “BHMA Certified” mark — ensuring that the product meets the ANSI/BHMA standard. For more information on BHMA, please write to BHMA, 355 Lexington Avenue, 15th Floor, New York, NY, 10017 or visit the Web site at www.buildershardware.com.
More events ahead.
- January 20 – Air Vent’s Ask the Expert Ventilation Seminar, Raleigh, NC
- January 20-22 – International Building Show, Las Vegas, NV (Visit AIBD’s booth (C52) in the Grand Lobby)
- January 21 – Air Vent’s Ask the Expert Ventilation Seminar, Atlanta, GA
- January 23 – AIBD House of Delegates Mid-year Meeting, Las Vegas, NV
- January 27 – Air Vent’s Ask the Expert Ventilation Seminar, Lincoln, NE
- January 28 – Air Vent’s Ask the Expert Ventilation Seminar, Topeka, KS
- January 29 – Air Vent’s Ask the Expert Ventilation Seminar, St. Louis, MO
- February 3 – Air Vent’s Ask the Expert Ventilation Seminar, Denver, CO
- February 5 – AIBD Washington Society educational event and manufacturing facility tour, Tacoma, WA
- February 5 – Air Vent’s Ask the Expert Ventilation Seminar, Honolulu, HI
- February 11 – Air Vent’s Ask the Expert Ventilation Seminar, Springfield, VA
- February 12 – Air Vent’s Ask the Expert Ventilation Seminar, Frazer, PA
- February 17 – Air Vent’s Ask the Expert Ventilation Seminar, Milwaukee, WI
- February 18 – Air Vent’s Ask the Expert Ventilation Seminar, Bloomington, MN
- March 3 – Air Vent’s Ask the Expert Ventilation Seminar, Vaughan, Ontario
- March 4 – Air Vent’s Ask the Expert Ventilation Seminar, Sterling Heights, MI
- March 5 – Air Vent’s Ask the Expert Ventilation Seminar, Spring Lake, MI
- March 6-8 – AIBD North Carolina/South Carolina Annual Conference, North Myrtle Beach, SC
- March 10 – Air Vent’s Ask the Expert Ventilation Seminar, Buffalo, NY
- March 11 – Air Vent’s Ask the Expert Ventilation Seminar, Independence, OH
- March 12 – Air Vent’s Ask the Expert Ventilation Seminar, Worthington, OH
- March 13 – Air Vent’s Ask the Expert Ventilation Seminar, Indianapolis, IN
- March 18 – Air Vent’s Ask the Expert Ventilation Seminar, Oklahoma City, OK
- March 20 – Air Vent’s Ask the Expert Ventilation Seminar, Dallas, TX
- March 25-27 – AIBD California Annual Conference, Skyline College, San Bruno, CA
- August 3 – 6 – AIBD National Convention and Interactive Conference on Residential Design, Providence, RI