Qualified Remodeler is seeking articles for the AIBD Designer’s Notebook column, now in its second full year. The Designer’s Notebook is an editorial focused on residential remodeling and championed by AIBD. If you have the desire to write about design challenges and solutions, case studies, opinions about design, architecture in general, inspirations, gripes and complaints about trends, top 10 lists…practically anything that relates to residential remodeling, QR wants to hear from you.
No prior writing experience is necessary. Professional editors are standing by. Images are preferred with each article. Photos should be high-resolution, 8”x10” dimensions or approximately 2400×3200 pixels (an 8 megapixel camera or better should accomplish this). Photos are great! But other images to consider include drawings, renderings and even napkin sketches! QR will go over all of this with each author one-at-one.
Check out some of the columns from the past year:
- Celebrate the new and preserve the old
- Uncommon ways to add detail
- Simple changes can transform an exterior
- Simple tricks for kitchen upgrades
Interested? Simply reply to Laurie Banyay, QR Managing Editor, with your questions or to discuss the next steps, Laurie@solabrands.com.
SOURCE: Custom Builder, Mike Beirne, Editor
Check out the article in this month’s Custom Builder magazine featuring two AIBD award winning designers – Janet Hobbs, AIBD and Jennifer Pippin, FAIBD. Each explains their approach to using fireplaces to provide a relaxing and romantic ambiance when designing a room, whether it be indoors or outdoors.
A third designer, Debbie Naftel of Atlanta, GA, is also featured in the article. All three professionals provide some spectacular photography to help make their points.
CLICK HERE to read the full article and view the photos.
Top 10 framing challenges – and how to overcome them.
Free breakfast seminar in Fairfax, VA – November 19th.
CLICK HERE for all the details and to register.
Plagued by squeaky floors? Confused by wall bracing codes? You’re not alone – and the APA is here to help.
Join APA-The Engineered Wood Association Nov. 19 for a free, fast-paced seminar that will explore 10 of the most common framing difficulties designers and builders face along with simple steps, strategies, and systems to overcome them.
More events ahead.
- November 12 – APA’s Texas Wood Solutions Fair, Arlington, TX
- November 19 – APA’s Seminar: Top 10 Framing Challenges — And How To Overcome Them, Fairfax, VA
- November 21 & 22 – AIBD Florida Year-end Conference, Maitland, FL
- December 1 – Certified Vinyl Siding: Engineered Enhanced Beauty (Webinar)
- December 2 – Certified Insulated Siding: Quality, Comfort and Energy Performance (Webinar)
- December 3 – Certified Vinyl Siding: Verifiably Green (Webinar)
- December 4 – Certified Insulated Siding: Quality, Comfort and Energy Performance (Webinar)
- December 9 – Certified Vinyl Siding: Engineered Enhanced Beauty (Webinar)
- December 10 – Simpson StrongTie plant tour, Stockton, CA
- December 11 – Certified Vinyl Siding: Verifiably Green (Webinar)
- December 15 – https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/860281535 (Webinar)
- December 17 – Certified Vinyl Siding: Verifiably Green (Webinar)
Looking into 2015…
- January 20-22 – International Building Show, Las Vegas, NV (Visit AIBD’s booth in the Grand Lobby)
- January 23 – AIBD House of Delegates Mid-year Meeting, Las Vegas, NV
- March 6-8, 2015 – AIBD North Carolina/South Carolina Annual Conference, North Myrtle Beach, SC
- March 25-27, 2015 – AIBD California Annual Conference, Skyline College, San Bruno, CA
August 3 – 6, 2015 – AIBD National Convention and Interactive Conference on Residential Design, Providence, RI