The AIBD Nominating Committee submitted its list of candidates for the 2014/2015 Board of Directors. For the first time in more than 15 years, there are two AIBD Certified Members running for president. Internal Vice President David Pillsbury and External Vice President Paul Cole have both thrown their hat into the ring for the July 29th election at the AIBD Annual Convention. The full slate of nominations from the committee include:
- President: Paul Cole (SC) & David Pillsbury (FL)
- Internal Vice President – Kevin Holdridge (NC)
- External Vice President – Karen Kassik-Michelsohn (AK)
- Secretary/Treasurer – Richard Emigh (CA), incumbent
- Eastern District Director – Chip Hudson (AL)
- Central District Director – Newell Cheatheam (TX), incumbent
- Western District Director – Karl Koning (WA), incumbent
In addition, nominations will be accepted from the floor before the House of Delegates vote on each office.
Register for the July 1st edition of the First Tuesday @ 2:00 (pm EDT) and meet the two candidates running for president. Moderated by our current president, Viki Wooster, each will be given the opportunity to share their vision for AIBD and answer your questions. CLICK HERE to register.
During last week’s First Tuesday @ 2:00 program, Susan Bond (VA) and Mike Keesee (FL) each won a $200 VISA gift card for having recruited at least one new member between April 1 and May 31st. Susan and Mike were drawn randomly from the dozen members who have helped recruit 28 new members since April 1. The 2014 membership drive runs until June 30th and more prizes will be given away.
Richard Emigh (CA) has been awarded the “3-4-Free” award for having recruited three Professional Members since July 1, the start of AIBD’s fiscal year. As a 3-4-Free winner, Richard’s national dues are waived the next time he renews his membership. Mike Keesee, along with Willie Dalrymple (NC) and Bernie Kern (CO) have recruited two Professional Members in the same period…come on guys!…at least one more!
Michael Battaglia, Owner, Residential Design – Dayton, OH (Competition Chairperson)
- Tony Crasi, President, Crasi Company – Cleveland/Akron, OH area
- Hillary Gottemoeller, Content Director at Hanley Wood – Washington DC
- Rob Heselbarth, Editorial Director at Cygnus Business Media – Chicago, IL
- Robert Juengert, AIBD, NCBDC, AIA, NCARB, Owner Arcnet, Associate Principle SBLM Architects, Walnut Creek, CA
American Residential Design Awards entries are accepted until
June 24th July 1st. Three categories are open to everyone in the industry, eight are reserved for AIBD members only. Use the links below to get more information on how to get your work recognized.
Download the CALL FOR ENTRIES
Download the CATEGORIES
Download the REGISTRATION
Learn how to apply the LEED for Homes rating system to a real project by walking through the phases of a typical project and the key decisions that project teams must make, including key stakeholder considerations. Engage in interactive, case-based activities that enable you to work hands-on with LEED implementation strategies and rating system tools.
July 16, 23, 30 and Aug 6 – 4:00 pm to 6pm ET each Wednesday
The series is presented by the Alliance for Environmental Sustainability (AES), the Midwest’s premier green & LEED home provider and educator with over 3,200 certified green homes and over 10,000 professionals trained.
CLICK HERE for more details and to register.
CPBD exams prep class this Saturday
Certified Professional member, Jim Wright, CPBD, will be hosting an exam prep session for those seeking certification at his Residential Design Solutions office in Worthington, OH on 6/14/14. Those interested should contact Jim ASAP at 614.430.0027 or email@example.com
Beer isn’t the only high quality craft beverage being produced in Central Ohio these days. Columbus has built an acclaimed spirits scene that has received tremendous national press and a bevy of national and international awards. Columbus is home to two of 20 micro-distilleries that call the state of Ohio home and today we’re going to talk about one of them: Middle West Spirits…
Registration is now open for the AIBD Convention & iCORD conference (July 29 – August 1) in Columbus, Ohio: www.AIBDconvention.com
REGULAR REGISTRATION ENDS JUNE 27th!
THE HOTEL ROOM BLOCK CLOSES JULY 6TH! (or until it’s full, which ever comes first)
For more information about the iCORD, the AIBD Convention and to register, CLICK HERE.
More events ahead.
- May 31 – AIBD Alabama, free lunch and learn in Huntsville. To RSVP – CLICK HERE
- June 4 & 5 – NCBDC Exams, San Antonio Texas
- June 6 & 7 – Texas Institute of Building Design Annual Convention, San Antonio, Texas
- June 7 – AIBD California, Net Zero Home Seminar and Technical Tour, Davis, CA
- June 14 – CPBD exams prep class, Residential Design Solutions, Worthington, OH
- June 20 & 21 – AIBD Florida quarterly meeting, Seaside, Florida
- July 27 & 28 – NCBDC Exams, Columbus, OH
- July 29 – August 1 – AIBD National Convention & International Conference on Residential Design, Columbus, OH
- August 2 – AIBD National Volunteer Day – Build furniture at the Furniture Bank in Columbus, OH.
- August 29 & 30 – NCBDC Exams, Washington, DC