Sign up today for The Tapco Group/AIBD fall educational webinar series. Beginning Tuesday (August 20) and running through October 24, 2013, AIBD Corporate Members Wayne Sanderson and Karl Zidar will be presenting five one-hour educational sessions online covering the best practices of choosing and specifying roofs, siding, shutters, exterior trim, and basement egress. The webinars are free to anyone in the industry and up to 1000 people can attend at once. Please forward the link to below to anyone you feel might be interested in the topics, The Tapco Group, or you feel would benefit from an introduction to AIBD.
AIBD Certified Members and designers certified by NCBDC will receive 1.0 CE Unit for attending each live online session.
The Tapco Group /AIBD Fall Educational Series
- All sessions begin at 3:00 PM ET
- Click on the session below to view more information on the topic and to register.
- Wednesday, August 20, 2013, – Slate Roofs in America: An Enduring Architectural Statement
- Thursday, September 12, 2013 – Alternative Choices: Specialty Siding
- Thursday, September 26, 2013 – Synthetic Trim Materials: Emphasis on Cellular PVC Trim Products
- Tuesday, October 8, 2013 – Exterior Shutters in 21st Century Architecture
- Thursday, October 24, 2013 – Specification of Egress Window Wells
With the help of American Builders Network in Tallahassee, Florida, AIBD is now unveiling a nationally syndicated personalized eNewsletter program available to designers, AIBD state societies and chapters. Some of the key features include the use of your own contacts and the maintenance of the list. We do most of the writing; each issue contains static articles on topics consumers would be interested. Finally, there is space for you to publish one article about you, your company or one of the awesome projects you just completed. Subscribe today and supercharge your word-of-mouth network of marketers.
Check out this very cool EXAMPLE of AIBD Certified Member Phil Kean’s eNewsleter.
To have your eNewsletter sent out monthly, there is a minimum 6-month commitment and the cost is $100/month for AIBD members and $200/month for non-members. You may also choose to send your eNewsletter quarterly and that requires a full year commitment of $150/quarter for AIBD members and $250/quarter for non-members.
To subscribe immediately using our Online Store, CLICK HERE.
To talk directly to the publisher, contact Kay Hudson by calling 877-539-8588 or writing her at email@example.com.
…The fall ICC IAC Meeting.
AIBD representatives will be attending next Monday’s ICC Industry Advisory Committee (IAC) meeting scheduled to be held a the Building Owners and Managers Association office in Washington, DC. The committee meets quarterly.
The ICC IAC was formed to advise the ICC Board of Directors on matters that will affect the working relationship or coordination of efforts of the ICC and industry, Federal agencies and standards writing organizations; to advise the ICC of methods to implement and improve the Codes and other documents and services provided by the ICC; and to advise the ICC as to policies and programs to enhance the codes, administration and enforcement profession.
To review an overview of the Spring meeting, CLICK HERE.
R GUARD PRESENTATION – An alternative to “Peel & Stick” window flashing systems, developed by the masonry coating technologies.
AUGUST 22, 2013: 2:00 PM, PDT
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the webinar invitation prior to the event.
Syndesis sessions are open to all AIBD-CA members.
…Two fall conferences announced.
AIBD Colorado Fall Conference is scheduled for September 26-28 in Colorado Springs. The Conference includes volunteering for construction work at the Pikes Peak Habitat for Humanity; a collaboration of AIBD Colorado Designers creating a Rocky Mountain Plan Book; and a walking tour through the Air Force Academy grounds and Chapel.
If interested in attending, please email Bernie Kern at email@example.com.
- Oct. 12 – National Solar Decathlon – Tour the Solar Homes in Irvine, CA (this year it’s held in Irvine, not the National Mall)
- Oct. 13 – All-Day Rendering Workshop lead by Caroline Veerman in Encinitas / Carlsbad, CA
- Oct. 13 – Evening Social Gathering at CA’s Society President’s residence
If interested in attending, please email Caroline Veerman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
…More events ahead.
- August 23 – AIBD North Carolina Quarterly Meeting, Cornelius, NC
- September 5 – AIBD Northeast Quarterly Meeting, Devens, MA
- September 26-28 – AIBD Colorado, Colorado Springs, CO
- September 27 & 28 – NCBDC Exam in Austin, TX (Registration Deadline August 30)
- October 12 – AIBD California visit to the National Solar Decathlon – Irvine, CA
- October 13 – AIBD California Rendering Workshop & Evening Reception, Carlsbad, CA
- October 24 & 25 – NCBDC Exam in St. Francisville, LA (Registration Deadline September 30)
- October 25 & 26 – AIBD Florida Quarterly Meeting, Orlando, FL
- October 25 & 26 – AIBD Louisiana/Mississippi Joint Convention, St. Francisville, LA
- November 16 – AIBD North Carolina Quarterly Meeting and Design Competition Awards, Lexington, NC
- December 5 – AIBD Northeast Quarterly Meeting
- December 6 – AIBD Florida Organizational Meeting, Apopka, FL
- (2014) February 6 & 7 – AIBD National Mid-year Meeting, Las Vegas, NV